Nativity offers 6th, 7th and 8th graders a High School preparatory program based on individual academic excellence with a foundation in faith. We are focused on our partnership with parents to help guide students through this critical transition from childhood to young adulthood. Nativity provides a nurturing environment where middle school students flourish through personalized attention, advanced academics, and leadership, while stressing the importance of faith and community.
Our Middle School program:
- Gives students increasing levels of responsibility and leadership within the school, culminating in Student Council leadership roles. Middle school students learn to lead by example and initiative.
- Offers advanced math classes with the opportunity to enroll in prealgebra as early as 6th grade, and High School algebra or geometry in 8th grade. Nativity students’ high math scores have made our program a model for other Diocesan schools.
- Includes a comprehensive hands-on lab-based Science program, which includes a fully equipped in-school laboratory. Our students participate in Science Fairs both at the school and Diocesan level.
- Strengthens students’ Spanish language skills and builds on our elementary school curriculum. Students take High School level Spanish 1 and continue to achieve strong High School placement scores.
- Integrates art, Physical Education, library skills, and music classes throughout the middle school curriculum.
- Offers students a 1:1 Chromebook program to keep learning at a modern pace, and utilizes our technology-driven classrooms with interactive ActivPanels and document cameras.
- Includes Nativity chapters of the National Junior Honor Society and the Spanish Honor Society.
- Embraces a Middle School religious program that includes retreats, outreach and community service projects, and programs culminating in 8th grade Confirmation.
- Provides students with a choice of electives that include opportunities for sports, arts, etiquette, drama, literature, service, study skills and cooking (to name just a few).
- Participates in a sophisticated band program that includes lessons, performances, state-wide competitions and a band trip.
- Includes dances coordinated with other local Catholic schools, providing supervised social events for middle school students.
- Includes a variety of clubs and after-school classes, such as Chess Club, SeaPerch and Yearbook.
- Has a professional broadcasting program that allows students to be part of the Nativity News Team, which airs in every classroom each morning.
- Maintains traditions and events that mark milestones and create lasting school community memories, such as:
Living Stations of the Cross enactment
Shakespeare Drama Festival
8th Grade Awards Banquet
8th Grade Service project
Blessing of the Animals celebration
8th Grade Graduation
The Sacrament of Confirmation
CYO Sports Program
Field Day Captains
Exciting Field Trips
And many other opportunities for growth!