Health Form Requirements
To provide for the health and safety of all students, each family must provide the school clinic with important health information prior to the start of school.
- If your student is new to Nativity School, you must turn in a VA School Entrance Form signed by your physician before the first day of school. Your doctor will verify that all immunizations are up-to-date. Effective July 1, 2021, all rising Kindergarteners and students new to Nativity are required to submit proof of two properly spaced doses of the Hepatitis A (HAV) vaccine. The first dose should be administered at age 12 months or older. You will be asked to come and pick up your child from school if this form and immunizations records are not turned in.
- For each student, please complete the The Diocese of Arlington Confidential Health History update and turn it in to the school office.
- If your child has a medical condition that requires special monitoring or medication while at school, you must notify the school clinic prior to the start of school to ensure that the proper medication authorizations, medications, and care plans are in place. This includes EpiPens and Benadryl for allergies, seizure medication, Albuterol inhalers, insulin, and any other emergency medication. All forms can be found below.
- If parents choose not to send in medications for known medical conditions there is a Waiver of Liability Form that must be signed and returned to the school clinic prior to the first day of school.
- All students entering 7th grade are required to submit documentation of receiving the Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (TDAP) booster and the first dose of the meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY). If your child receives any other immunizations, please send a copy of those to the school clinic.
Your cooperation is appreciated and will allow the school clinic to provide the highest quality care for your student starting the moment they walk through the door. The clinic will be available to receive medications and answer questions the week before school starts. If you wish to contact the School Nurse to discuss your student’s health care needs, please send an email to [email protected]