Family involvement and participation in school activities is a means to show support for the students, faculty and administration. It is also necessary in order to maintain school services such as the lunch program and expand enrichment programs and services to our students and teachers.
The Catholic Diocese of Arlington is committed to providing a safe environment for children within all diocesan activities and ministries. Please click here to read the “Code of Conduct for Personnel and Volunteers in the Diocese of Arlington”.
There are many opportunities available throughout the year to serve the school. Opportunities are listed in the school and PTO newsletters, the Nativity web site, and room parent communications. These include but are not limited to:
- Resource classes such as PE, Library, Spanish, Art, Music, and Computer (coordinated through the teacher or room parent)
- Scholastic Book Fairs in fall and spring of each year
- Wednesday folders – coordinated through your child’s teacher
- Science Fair judges
- Picture day, Flu clinic, and Hearing/Eye Testing
- Room Parents in grades K-8
- Assemblies staffing
- Sneak-A-Peek/New family orientation
- Field trips: Earn maximum of 3 hours per year per family
- Host families for new families
- Community building events
- Fundraising events
Programs such as scouts, altar servers, coaching CYO basketball or any parish based ministry/programs are not school sponsored events and therefore do not count towards the school service commitment. Lunchroom hours worked as a paid substitute do not count towards the service hours commitment.