Dear Nativity Families,
(list updated March 2016)
The development of Nativity School’s new Makerspace lab is underway! Thank you again for those who donated building sets (Lego’s, K’nex, Erector, Tinkertoys, magnet sets, etc) which we are still accepting. In a short couple weeks, our students will be able to utilize the room as an after-school activity, with more information to follow on that soon.
In the meantime, we still need to add items to our readied cabinets and closets. Since a Makerspace is a room where students can creatively build, re-engineer and deconstruct, we need building materials, many of which are recyclable materials around your home!
Please take a moment to look at our donation request list below to see if you can provide anything to our Makerspace students. And if you see something missing on our list that you wish to donate, email me about it!
Another way you can donate to our Makerspace is joining us for the Jingle Bell Run! You can run in your sneakers or stay inside with your comfy slippers, all while still supporting the implementation of Nativity’s new Makerspace lab!
Thank you for all your support.
Walk in love,
- **Plastic storage bins with or without lids for storage and easy access: tall or short, long or shoebox sized***
Binder clips Building blocks and sets – Legos, K’nex, Tinker toys, Erector sets, magnet building sets, etc
- Cable ties (all sizes)
- Cardboard – large flat sheets at Costco, boxes, rolls and tubes, card stock paper, Egg cartons, etc
Clothes iron Construction Paper Empty coffee cansThank you! Filled up our shelves! Stack of paper cups or Styrofoam cups
- Drop cloths (canvas, reusable)
Fabric, felt , foam sheets
- Globe drink lids (Frappuccino lids at Starbucks or Slurpee lids at 7-Eleven)
- Gloves – plastic, cloth, leather (protect from heat)
- Glue – super glue,
Elmers, wood, ***hot glue sticks***
- How-To books (old or new, any age level)
Left over paints (latex interior, acrylics, tempera, etc…safe for kids to paint cardboard) Markers Measuring tape (10ft or longer), T-square Old Door knobs (to disassemble)We got plenty! Thank you! Old rubber erasers (does not need to be in good condition)
- Out of service smart phones (to be dissected)
Paint brushes, sponges, flat applicators, etc for applying paint
- Plastic Flexible Tubing – large and small diameter, etc
Popsicle sticks Scissors
- Sewing machine (working only please)
- Springs (any shape and size…adds physical resistance to projects)
- String – rope, thread, twine,
- Tape – **duct tape**, electrical, copper, scotch, masking, etc
- Tools: hammer,
screwdrivers, nail punch, Japanese hand saw, wire stripper, needle nose pliers, etc Twist ties
- Used but working video camera (cell phone, hand-held, etc)
- Wire and
wire stripper/cutters Clean wood pieces – dowels, skewers, toothpicks, flat boards, etc
- Working small oscillating fan and small side table (to create wind tunnel)
- or anything else that you think a tinker lab could use!
Donation letter-receipt available upon request.